As a result of the constant travel, especially during the Christmas season, I've nailed the art of navigating security lines, what NOT to eat before a flight, what to wear on the plane, and what to pack in a carry on. I'm still learning how to pack efficiently...I just find it so hard to pick outfits ahead of time when you have no idea what mood you'll be in. Right?
I've been gone almost every weekend since November, and this is my last weekend in NYC until January. With that in mind, I've put together my travel essentials - which can double as a gift guide. Perfect, right? I will never fly without the items below (except an iPad -- hoping santa brings me one), and I encourage all my traveling readers to stock up on at least one of the items.
- iPad (please Santa, please!)
- Bose Noise Canceling headphones (for that crying baby in 9A)
- Travel Wallet (only need the essentials)
- Flats (make security easier)
- Comfy socks (for long flights)
- Granola Bars (cheaper than airplane food)
- Gum (for helping your ears during landing)
- Eye Mask (when your neighbor insists on having the light on at night)
- Aquaphor (super hydrating lip gloss)
- Cashmere Scarf (to keep warm/act like a blanket)
- Hand Cream (I never leave home without it)
- Colorful Passport Holder (because if you're jetsetting internationally, your passport should be fabulous)
P.S. tomorrow is a super exciting post --- Viv and I are doing a little blog swap - so make sure to check back for all the goodies! xo