If you're still reading, and you want to enjoy a serious treat, I bring you my own version of the Cafe Sarkis Loretta Sandwich.
What? English please?
Okay okay. There is this tiny hole-in-the-wall breakfast spot near Chicago that I grew up (in high school/college) going to with friends (usually hungover). We would get the same thing every time - a bacon loretta with cheesy hash. I can't explain why it's so good, it just is.
Since I now live in NYC, I decided it was time to recreate this recipe. And to my surprise, it tasted JUST like it.
Here is the recipe -- super easy.
- Green Pepper
- Tomato (seeds removed)
- Provolone Cheese
- Bread Roll of Choice
- Lawry's Seasoning Salt
- Hash Browned Potatoes
- Chop up all veggies and set aside
- Cook bacon as usual, and set aside
- Remove bacon and cook the veggies in the same pan
- Remove veggies
- Add bacon back to pan, and place cheese over the top to melt
- Cook hash browns as usual and add cheese at the end
- Toast roll
- Place the cheese/bacon combo on the bread, and pour the veggies over
- Sprinkle a hefty amount of Lawry's over the entire thing, and enjoy!
Here are some photos to inspire you.
Also, check out a fave blog of mine, So Much To Smile About for some more amazing Old Navy finds -- I swear this place changed design teams.