...happy people just don't shoot their husbands!" - Elle Woods
Only the best quote from Legally Blonde to start off this post on healthy living.
The winter blues have officially hit, and so far, I'm defeating them! Wait what?! Yes. I'm currently writing this post on a serious endorphin high and I couldn't be happier. I've gotten into such a good routine (as of the past two weeks...but who's counting), that I wanted to share some of my favorite tips. I'm not one to preach a good workout/heating healthy routine, because let's be honest, I have been known to devour a plate of french fries in seconds. Buttttttt, I have done some minor tweaks to my routine, and I think they're easy enough for anyone to do.
- Bring your lunch every day - saves you SO much money (my friend calculated how much money a year you spend on lunch if you buy it everyday, $3,120! NOT OKAY) and you can control how much you eat, and what goes in your lunch because YOU are making it.
- Keep healthy snacks at your desk and AVOID the candy jar - if you're like me, you get hungry in the afternoon and the candy jar starts staring you down. Keep healthy options like carrots, almonds and granola bars at your desk to curb your cravings and keep you full. And, we all have the co-worker who has the candy jar -- avoid at all costs. It's all down hill from there.
- Walk when you can - it's very easy to take elevators, cabs, subways etc. They're convenient and get you there faster. However, if you plan accordingly and have the time, you'll burn a few extra cals by walking.
- Find a buddy - it's so much easier to get motivated when you have a friend to work out with. And they can push you to go that extra mile when you want to give up.
- USE your gym membership - I know I'm guilty of paying hundreds of dollars a year for a nice gym, and fall into patterns of only using it a few times a week. Use what you pay for -- the gym is your friend, not your enemy :-)
- Wear cute clothes - I swear by Lululemon and Gap Body. They have the best sweat resistant clothes, and they look super cute too (some of my faves are below).
I know this post was longer than usual, I blame the endorphins. I'm just feeling so energetic and motivated! YES!
Post inspired by: The Social T