I love to cook. Even from my teeny tiny kitchen, I find myself whipping up masterpieces (I can call them that because I'm the only critic), a few times a week. It is a cathartic thing for me, and some people have even told me to become a chef.
Yeah right. There wouldn't be any food for my customers.
A cook is only as good as his tools. Like an artist really. There are some gadgets (or tricks as I call them) that I've learned I cannot live without.
1. A microplane will save you days in the kitchen when you're zesting, shredding, etc.
2. A garlic roller (or car as I call it) is AMAZING at cutting up garlic. And, only $10!
3. A grill pan - makes you feel like you can grill all year long.
4. Got this Silpat for Christmas, and I've never had better tasting cookies.
5. A grapefruit spoon - genius.
6. Apple Corer - makes eating cut apples a breeze.
7. A meat thermometer - only recently invested in this, and it keeps my meat looking pretty without all my cut marks to check if it's ready.
8. A Keurig. Need I say more?
What tools do you use that you can't live without? I'm always looking for new ways to simplify my cooking.